Since the publication of the first edition nearly 30 years ago, well over 1 million students have used Microbiology: An Introduction PDF at colleges and universities around the world, making it the leading textbook for non-majors microbiology.
The twelfth edition continues to be a comprehensive beginning text, assuming no previous study of biology or chemistry. The text is appropriate for students in a wide variety of programs, including the allied health sciences, biological sciences environmental science, animal science, forestry, agriculture, home economics, and the liberal arts.
The twelfth edition focuses on big-picture concepts and themes in microbiology, encouraging students to visualize and synthesize more difficult topics such as microbial metabolism, immunology, and microbial genetics.
The twelfth edition meets all students at their respective levels of skill and understanding while addressing the biggest challenges that instructors face. Updates to the twelfth edition enhance the book’s consistent pedagogy and clear explanations.
- An appropriate balance between microbiological fundamentals and applications, and between medical applications and other applied areas of microbiology. Basic microbiological principles are given greater
emphasis, and health-related applications are featured.
- Straightforward presentation of complex topics. Each section of the text is written with the student in mind.
- Clear, accurate, and pedagogically effective illustrations and photos. Step-by-step diagrams that closely coordinate with narrative descriptions aid student comprehension of concepts.
- Flexible organization.
New to the Twelfth Edition:
- Cutting-edge media integration.
- Big Picture “tough topic” features. These two-page spreads focus on the most challenging topics for students to master
- Big Picture Disease features. Each spread focuses on a particular disease and applies it to a related real-world challenge, many dealing with public health issues.
- Reworked complement section in Chapter 16 (Innate Immunity: Nonspecific Defenses of the Host).
- In the Clinic. This new feature, appearing at the start of every chapter, includes critical thinking questions that encourage students to think as health care professionals.
- ASM guidelines. The twelfth edition explains the themes and competencies at the beginning of the book and incorporates callouts when chapter content matches one of these 22 topics.
Release: January 10th, 2015.
Pages: 969 (in PDF)
Size: 316 MB
Authors: Gerard J. Tortora, Berdell R. Funke, Christine L. Case
How to download Microbiology An Introduction 12th Edition PDF For Free: