The purpose of Understanding Business 11th Edition PDF is to help you learn principles, strategies, and skills for success that will serve you not only in this course but also in your career and your life.
One of the objectives of this book, is to help you choose an area in which you might enjoy working and have a good chance to succeed. You’ll learn about economics, global business, ethics, entrepreneurship, management, marketing, accounting, finance, and more. At the end of the course, you should have a much better idea which careers would be best for you and which you would not enjoy.
Many learning aids appear throughout this text to help you understand the concepts:
- List of Learning Objectives at the beginning of each chapter. Reading through these objectives will help you set the framework and focus for the chapter material. Since every student at one time or other has found it difficult to get into studying, the Learning Objectives are there to provide an introduction and to get your mind into a learning mode.
- Getting to Know and Name That Company features. The opening stories will help you get to know professionals who successfully use the concepts presented in the chapters. The Name That Company feature at the beginning of each chapter challenges you to identify a company discussed in the chapter.
- Photo essays. The photos offer examples of the concepts in the chapter. Looking at the photos and reading the photo essays (captions) before you read the chapter will give you a good idea of what the chapter is all about.
- Self-test questions. Periodically, within each chapter, you’ll encounter set-off lists of questions called Test Prep. These questions give you a chance to pause, think carefully about, and recall what you’ve just read.
- Key terms. Developing a strong business vocabulary is one of the most important and useful aspects of this course. To assist you, all key terms in the book are highlighted in boldface type. Key terms are also defined in the margins, and page references to these terms are given at the end of each chapter. A full glossary is located in the back of the book. You should rely heavily on these learning aids in adding new terms to your vocabulary.
- Boxes. Each chapter contains a number of boxed extended examples or discussions that cover major themes of the book: (a) ethics (Making Ethical Decisions); (b) small business (Spotlight on Small Business); (c) global business (Reaching Beyond Our Borders); (d) environmental issues (Seeking Sustainability); and (e) contemporary business issues (Adapting to Change). They’re interesting to read and provide key insights into important business issues; we hope you enjoy and learn from them.
- End-of-chapter summaries. The chapter summaries are directly tied to the chapter Learning Objectives so that you can see whether you’ve accomplished the chapter’s objectives.
- Critical Thinking questions. The end-of-chapter questions help you relate the material to your own experiences. Getting Ready for This Course and Your Career PROLOGUE P-13
- Developing Workplace Skills exercises. To really remember something, it’s best to do it. That’s why Developing Workplace Skills sections at the end of each chapter suggest small projects that help you use resources, develop interpersonal skills, manage information, understand systems, and sharpen technology skills.
- Taking It to the Net exercises. These exercises direct you to dynamic outside resources that reinforce the concepts introduced in the text. You might want to bookmark some of the websites you’ll discover.
- Video Cases. These cases feature companies, processes, practices, and managers that bring to life the key concepts in the chapter and give you real-world information to think over and discuss.
Release: January 5th, 2015.
Pages: 840 (in PDF)
Size: 177 MB
Authors: Bill Nickels, Jim McHugh, Susan McHugh
How to download Understanding Business 11th Edition PDF For Free:
Free download on button below: